Friday, July 20, 2012

July 20 - 22

7/20/12 - 7/22/12 : Coaching Weekend, Seattle, WA

The Northwest Leather Sir/boy/bootblack family Jim Drew, boy dan and Ruin were getting ready and prepping for their run at the International titles. They were in between producers, and so Greg (McG) had been appointed as their liason. He was going to run them all through their paces, with the kind assistance of some local talent. Unfortunately, Greg was not able to make it, but I had still been invited to help them out.

Often found without his pants.
Chester Chopps
I came up on Friday and was hosted by the wonderful Paul and cooked for by his delightful boy Cole. They have truly been a blessing whenever I am in Seattle, and am really glad I got to spend some more time with them as well. Cole made the most amazing scones I've ever and I would be surprised if he doesn't own his own restaurant someday. We went out drinking and ended up visiting not only The Cuff, but also a newer bear bar called Diesel, which was cosy. Not too big, not too small, but just right.

The next day we subjected the title holders to interviews, mock questions, primping and fluffing techniques, and listened to their speeches - giving them feedback about all of it. This was my first time really judging other people, and it was fun to help them improve themselves and their presentation. I spent some time watching Ruin with her mock technical boots, and offered what advice I could. By the end of the day, they seemed more confidant and ready for their contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment